Friday, February 5, 2010

Hello world!

Hey, welcome to my blog. My name is Itzhak Kasovitch and this is my first blog entry ever.

Writing a blog is a new experience for me. I always wanted to write a blog, but felt that I should have something new to say in order to do that. After all writing a blog is a way to express yourself and if you don’t have something new to say why would other people read your blog?

One day I read a chapter in Joel Spolsky’s excellent book “Smart and Gets Things Done”. On that book there was one enlightening idea that caught  my eyes. Joel Spolsky explains that most people think that in order to build a successful software company they should have a neat idea that solves a problem nobody have solved before. Joel Spolsky thinks that this is not the only way to succeed. His thinks that a software company can succeed if it solves a problem somebody has already solved in a better way.

This idea was enlightening because it made me think that it is not necessary to invent the wheel to make people come back to your blog.

So this is the place where I will express myself and I hope to find some regular followers. This blog will be about programming usually. On some occasions I will provide book reviews too. So come back soon and don’t hesitate to tell me what you think about my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment